Friday 10 June 2011

A little mid-life crisis can be a great thing! It makes you think about your life, the past, the present and the future. It makes you aware of the scarcity and preciousness of time. Reflections like these have led me to look at my life and made me think, what is it really that I want to do with the rest of my life?

Many people around me are at an age now where they are starting to question their position in life. Some of these individuals are stuck in unrewarding jobs, leading a hectic, overworked and unfulfilled life. Moments like these are just the perfect time to stand back and look at the future and think about what we want to do when we grow up.

Well, I have done quite a bit of reflecting over the last few years and I have come to the realization that TRAVEL is my passion. Travel means so many things: beautiful landscapes, interesting architecture, history, exotic food, art and music. For me it also means connecting with foreign cultures, learning about different traditions, festivities, societies and customs. Travel is an opportunity to open our minds.

So, I have decided to pursue my passion, which means I am going to spend more time travelling.

A midlife crisis can last anywhere between two to five years (for a woman) and is a period that can be very difficult for anyone. Travelling according to the experts, is a good remedy for a midlife crisis.

You explore the world. Forget about money and see what you can do physically, mentally and spiritually. No, these trips do not include a day on a white sandy beach. Midlifers take trips that have a special mix of learning, adventure, goodwill, danger or physicality.

I am grateful for my midlife crisis. It has let me change my life before I got too stuck.


No comments:

Post a Comment